ComCap:PDX kick-off gave everyone a better picture of what’s in store at ComCap:OR coming this May 4 + 5.
As a key part of Hatch Innovation’s 2015 Community Capital Initiative Hatch Oregon presents ComCap:OR, the first-ever statewide community capital and crowdfunding conference designed to bring Oregonians together to build a statewide plan for local investing. This historic event will be held right here at Hatch Lab and the Ambridge Event Center over on NE MLK Jr. Blvd.
Our speakers are experts from across the state. Panels, presentations and workshops are designed to focus on three groups: Ecosystem Builders, Entrepreneurs and Citizen Investors. These three groups are the key ingredients to a successful ecosystem for strengthening Oregon’s economy.
The ComCap:OR conference opens Monday evening, May 4th at Hatch Lab with our “Welcome to Oregon” focused discussion panel, special surprise keynote and an exclusive reception.
In the morning, we’ll all head to the locally-owned and operated, contemporary Ambridge Event Center, where each session throughout the day will break off into our three tracks.
Join the conversation at the following sessions Tuesday, May 5th:
- Leaders and the Law: Why Oregon’s leaders backed the new securities crowdfunding law.
- Raising Local Money. Why raise money from Oregonians? What’s the business ROI?
- Consulting and Advising in the New Economy: How may practice need to change?
- A Strong Oregon Ecosystem: How to build a stronger Oregon entrepreneurial system.
- Cultivate Your Crowd: How to build support before, during and after your raise.
- Investing in the New Economy: How to be a resilient and wise investor in these changing times.
- Access to Entrepreneurship: Building an inclusive and equitable pipleline for all entrepreneurs, from inner cities to main streets.
- Launch Innovation: Powering Oregon’s early innovators launching the manufacturing and tech startup entrepreneur.
- A Local Investing Toolkit: Resources and strategies for teaching Oregonians about local investing. Opportunities communities.
- Rural Oregon: Strategies for rural economic and community development.
- Food, Brew & Farmpreneurs: Funding Oregon’s local artisan food, brewers and family farmers, organically.
- Stump the Experts! Get your questions answered by the experts or lurk and learn new tips.
- City and County Leadership: The role of local government, Chambers and policy makers.
- Tell Me About Your Business – WORKSHOP: Making your business value and community benefit clear.
- Funding Change Agents: When money is married to a mission.
Stay tuned for our speaker reveals!
To kick things off, we’re offering a serious 50% off ticket discount through Sunday, March 22 evening. BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!
If you’re interested in getting involved, volunteering, sponsorship, vendor and marketing opportunities, press passes, travel information or anything else, please visit the ComCap:OR info over on Hatch Oregon.