See our past presenters and their ideas!
August 26th, 2018: The Social Pitch VIIII
The Social Pitch provides entrepreneurs with an opportunity to receive funding and to complete projects. It is an alternative funding model for community good.
In person attendee: Your ticket price gets you a delicious bowl of soup and a vote. At the end of the afternoon, after hearing the presentations and a short Q&A session with the do-good entrepreneurs, ballots are counted, and prizes are awarded.
Remote attendee: Your ticket price gets you a vote. At the end of the afternoon, after watching the presentations and a short Q&A session with the do-good entrepreneurs, your votes via our Facebook poll will be counted, and prizes will be awarded.
What funds the cash prizes?
One hundred percent of the ticket revenue goes to funding the Cash Prizes.Your money goes directly to supporting an amazing community project or social enterprise! Thank you.
How does it work?
1. People with great, early-stage ideas (projects or startups) that will provide lasting benefit to our community submit applications, and we pick five of them to present their ideas on Sunday, August 26th, 2018.
2. Then, community members buy tickets to attend—whether in-person or via Facebook Live tickets—with each ticket granting the attendee a vote. If you’re an in-person attendee, you also get to enjoy freshly-baked bread and a bowl of soup brought to you by SoupCycle!
3. After the five presentations, the attendees vote, and all of the votes are tallied. The presenter with the most votes wins the cash prize!
Beyond the cash prize (everyone is a Winner.)
Each presenter receives:
- Cash Prizes from ticket revenue of The Social Pitch and business service prizes (such as marketing or tech support)
- Your own custom-made promotional video to use to promote your project (value: $500)
- Pitch Clinic (value: $50)
- 3-month full-time co-working membership at HatchLab (value: $825)
- Plus, the experience and networking the finalists gain from being a part of this program and community (value: priceless)
Our past winners!
The Redstone Collective is an movement to help our communities. We are a collective of artists, spiritual leaders, and activists.
A hybrid model to provide low-income families with childcare service.
Read about the other Social Pitch VII presenters here.
Girls Build Inc.
A non-profit that inspires curiosity and confidence in girls as they explore the world of building.
Read about the other Social Pitch V presenters here.
A culturally relevant program fostering upward economic mobility for underserved youth, their family and communities.
Read more about the other Hatch:Soup IV presenters here.
A food cart that provides second chances.
Read more about all the Hatch:Soup II presenters here.
A nonprofit that builds healthy communities by teaching kids how to grow nutritious food that goes from their schoolyard farm to their plate.