Thanks to the support and partnership with The Ford Family Foundation, we are pleased to announce the ComCap16 Rural Scholarship. We want to make this conference as accessible as possible for potential attendees across the state of Oregon. Suggested regions included, but are not limited to NE Oregon, Southern Oregon, and the Oregon Coast.
The rural scholarship has two opportunities:
- Full registration for 15 applicants who reside more than 2-4 hours away
- Full registration and $300 in travel expenses for 10 approved applicants who reside 4-5 hours away from Portland, OR
- You reside in a rural area in the state of Oregon (or bordering city) with a population fewer than 30,000
- You have over 2 or more hours to travel to join us in Portland, OR
- You realize this financial support makes attending ComCap16 possible!
- You’ll implement your new information & ideas back home! More below…
Who should attend?
Economic development professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, nonprofit professionals, lawyers, policymakers, community leaders & more are encouraged to apply.
What do we ask of you? (besides attending)
1) Start an InvestOR Meetup or host a Meet-the-CPOs event in your region
2) Develop a workshop or a presentation to offer in your community
3) Infuse your work with new knowledge
4) [Your suggestion here!]
Confirmation & Deadline:
We ask for applications to be received by April 8, 2016. You will be notified by April 10th or earlier so you can begin to arrange your travel and lodging.
ComCap16 focuses on how to leverage the new state securities crowdfunding laws to strengthen our nation’s local economies. Attendees include leaders from across the country—from legislators to lawyers, commissioners to community developers—as they connect in Portland to learn how to move investing back home. Most importantly, we want you to learn, connect, get inspired and turn your learning into local actions and results.
See our full program → comcapconference.com/program